Labels

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Praying For The Saints.

I had the privilege to go to Zambia, Africa this May on a mission trip with Overland Missions.
Before I went on the trip I had always known that missions go on and that God is working but it was never very tangible. It was all happening so far away. I was disconnected from the lives of those who served on the mission field. Now that I am back from the field I stay more connected with the organization I went with. Therefore I am now more connected with those on the field. And because I am more connected I see, as the Psalmist David said "The goodness of the Lord in the land of the living." I am so encouraged and blessed as I read the testimonies of those on the field about the break-throughs the healings and the greatest miracle of all, the salvation of many. Now that I am home people ask me where am I going next? Honestly I can not say that I feel led to go any where "next" right now. What I do feel lead to do right now, is pray. Now that I know the needs and have been made aware of what is going on. I have the privilege to be apart of that still through my prayers. 1 Timothy 2:1 "I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men." The fact is that just as important as the workers of the harvest(Luke 2:10 "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few.") are needed, James 5:16 "The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working." The Missionaries (The workers) out in the fields need strength and encouragement. They need provision and wisdom and straight out miracles. Ephesians 6:12 "They are not struggling against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." It is important to pray the blood of the lamb(Revelation 12:10-11) over spiritual darkness. That the devils plans may be thwarted. The saints need our prayers. I am so thankful that I had such an eye opening opportunity. Praise the Lord. Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens. Praise him for his acts of power; praise him for his surpassing greatness. Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet, praise him with the harp and lyre, praise him with timbrel and dancing, praise him with the strings and pipe, praise him with the clash of cymbals, praise him with resounding cymbals. Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord. Psalm 150

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful review of your trip and the mission we all have. Thank you beautiful granddaughter!