Labels

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

"It's not the load that breaks you down, it's the way you carry it."

You know those weeks that are an exceptionally good week in every area of life. I love those weeks. That was my past week. My mom and little sisters except Hannah went out of town. Hannah came and stayed the week with Mary and me. One of those nights Leah(Mary's sister) came and stayed a night too. It was fun. We had a good time making dinners together. Watching movies. Eating chocolate (Suggestive dove chocolate to be exact. You know how they have little messages on the wrappers? We are pretty sure it was a sex bag of chocolate! Yikes!) We also ate a lot of asparagus. Did you know that if you eat a lot of asparagus it makes your pee stink? Well now ya know. You're welcome. Also, Asparagus is a very good source of fiber,vitamins A, C, E and K. Full of antioxidants and delicious! So eat more Asparagus people! =) I also made these.
Bacon wraped water chestnuts! They are so delicious! Eat these with your asparagus and garlic mashed potatoes and you will have a meal fit for a queen! On Wednesday Hannah and I went with my friends Erica and Latifah, ice skating at the outdoor rink downtown Columbia. It was cute and a fun activity to throw into the middle of our week! It was a bit on the cold side so when are fingers started throbbing we decided it was time to leave.
I managed to fall hard on my knees. I came home with a big blue bruise on each knee. Besides the cold and the bruises it was a fun night and it's always good to catch up with friends you haven't seen in a while. On Friday after work. I was feeling a bit of the shopping bug. Now, I just want to put out there that I have not done much shopping since the end of November because I have put myself on a strict budget. (I know, I know, Im so disciplined... ok I over spent on Black Friday so I had to chill out for a while!) So anyway I wanted to find some brown wedge boots I decided to check CATO because I always have the best of shoe luck with them! And once again I scored big time. They had brown wedge boots, my size, the last pair! 29 dollars. Here they are.
While I was there I looked at the clearance shoe rack they always have a clearance shoe rack with awesome deals. I picked up one pair of shoes that I probably wouldn't normally get but then when I saw that they were on sale for 4 dollars I couldn't resist. I cant find a picture unfortunately but they were a chuncky heeled black shoe with a tan strap. I also scored on a cute little open toed wedge that was bright mustard yellow for 7 dollars. Now as if this isn't enough, I guess Mary was feeling the shopping bug too on Saturday. So I decided to join her on her shopping adventure. She decided to look at CATO after seeing my success. She scored these cute little booties.
And I looked at the black dress pants and scored a very nice pair for 7 bucks! Can't beat that! So CATO's where it's at! You should go check it out! After our shopping adventure Mary and I came home and ate the meal I mentioned above for a second time that week because it's seriously the best! Then my mom came by to visit which was fun. For dinner I went with my family to eat dinner with a family from our church at their house. We played a long and exciting game of Dutch Blitz! My favorite!
On Sunday I was talking with some ladies at my church about doing the Cooper River Bridge Run. I said they should do it with me! Now we are planning that trip Im pretty excited about it this will be either my 5th, 6th or 7th time to do it. But now I've lost track and can't remember. I called my sisters on the phone 3 times yesterday to make sure they were going to go running that day in order to prepare for the race. haha Im kinda being a slave driver about it! I'm excited to do it with the ladies from church! =D Later on Sunday afternoon the Bausums came over to mom and dads. We played Kings Base, Guesstures, and Mafia. It was a good time. Aso Alex called Mary and I got to talk to him for the first time since he's been gone which is weird because he has called plenty of times I just haven't ever talked to him when he called. But this time I had to tell him about my crazy weird dream that he was in. =D Yesterday was my day off work. So I did some errands I bought a scrap book for 2014 that Im pretty happy about. And I bought a lot of produce. When I got home I made the best stinkin pizza EVER! No joke never had one so good in my life. I put a lot of fresh produce on it. I got the recipe from www.dontquotetheraven.com She wasn't lying when she told us we would eat the whole thing in one sitting!
So that was my exciting week. Today, Tuesday is a new day. I wonder what adventure it will bring. I'd like to leave you with this thought that has been on my mind. So often we are quick to point out peoples faults. To talk about the horrible things they have done. To gossip about others or even to speak rudely and harshly to those we love. Something that has stopped me dead in my tracks was a realization of just how ugly and nasty me sin is. How I do some of the same things I accuse others of doing. What if, instead of being quick to accuse and point fingers and talk about others we were quick to extend grace. Because really it' just about laughable to look at your self a dirty sinful thing pointing a finger at another dirty sinful thing. It makes no since. It's not our place. Instead lets live up to a higher calling. Lets extend grace when we are tempted to judge or speak rudely. Lets love others because we are so grateful for the grace and love that has been extended to us. Read Romans 12 and let it give you perspective on how we should think of ourselves and how we should think of and treat others. Romans 12. 1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--this is your spiritual act of worship. 2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will. 3 For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you. 4 Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5 so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. 6 We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. 7 If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; 8 if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully. Love 9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10 Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. 11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 13 Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality. 14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. 16 Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited. 17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. 18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 19 Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord. 20 On the contrary: "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head." 21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

No comments: