Labels

Friday, November 8, 2013

Jesus is speaking to my heart. I hope what he is speaking to me will speak to you too.

John 3: 16-17 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him." Did you catch that? God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world but to save the world through him. God sent his perfect, holy, blameless son who could have judged the world right then. He could have looked at all the horrible sin and sent us all straight to hell which we totally deserved. But instead, because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. Ephesians 2: 4-5 Jesus died nailed to a cross naked in a very shameful way. That was my shame. That was your shame that Jesus took on himself so that if we accepted him as our savior we would no longer carry that shame. God sent his son to save the world not to condemn it but to save it. Just imagine Jesus standing there looking at you and you know every single sinful thing you have done, and Jesus knows every sinful thing you have done, and yet Jesus instead of looking at you with scorn like the dirty imp you would be with out his grace sacrifice, He looks at you and smiles the most warming, heartfelt, loving smile you could imagine he opens his arms walks toward you and pulls you close to his heart and whispers in your ear "I love you." You no longer feel guilty. Only loved. But why? How? I don't deserve to feel loved. Im a sinner I do bad things.But still God holds you and whispers to you, "Now I have reconciled you to myself through the death of Christ in his physical body. As a result, I have brought you into My own presence, and you are holy and blameless as you stand before Me without a single fault." Colossians 1:22 That's how but why? Because He loved us. That's it. That's why. He simply loved me. No other reason. Not because I deserved it not because I asked for it. Not because He had to. But because he did. HE LOVED ME. He wants to hold me. He wants me to know his heart. Because He loves me! These are the things God is speaking to my heart. And as he does my desire to know his heart increases. I sit here in his presence and weep. I weep because his love is over whelming. I weep because his love is fulfilling. I weep because I do not deserve this love but I am so thankful to know it and to receive it. My prayer is that you would know this love. That you would know God is opening his arms pulling you in and whispering. "I love you."
"Jesus lived for me the life I could never live so that he could die the death I deserved to die." ~Unknown

No comments: