Labels

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

The Feta Cheese!!!! It Burns!!!!

Picture this. Mary and I were eating dinner together. We had made some lovely salads for ourselves. We were talking and enjoying our conversation and salads. Then in the middle of our conversation I notice mary making some weird faces and licking her lips. Then she says "Laura Kaye something is spicy! What did you put in here." Me- "There is nothing spicy in here I didn't put anything spicy." Mary takes another bite of salad. Then says "The Feta Cheese, it burns!" Me- "Mary Feta Cheese doesn't burn.You are being a whimp. Maybe you just are not used to it. Do you ever eat Feta Cheese?" Mary "No. And it burns!" All of a sudden Mary jumps up and starts to frantically say "Oh my gosh Laura Kaye you did put something spicy in here! My mouth is burning!!! Its on fire!!!" Me- "No I really didnt!" Mary with tears in her eyes, "Laura Kaye my mouth is BURNING!" At this point we are both laughing because we are just so confused by the situation. And Mary's mouth is burning from nothing we know of. But something. Me- "Maybe its the seeds from the bell pepper?" (At this point Im trying to think of something/anything that could be making her mouth burn. But bell pepper seeds dont actually even burn.) Mary starts chewing on a piece of bread. Then says "You taste my salad! I promise something really does burn! Did you put a pepper in it." I racked my brain... Then it clicks. Yesterday I had cut up a bell pepper and a jalapeno pepper and put the slices in a baggie together. Mary had taken the bell peppers out and the half of a jalapeno thinking it was a bell pepper slice and put it on her salad. I burst out laughing and tell her what it was. Mary says "I knew I wasn't going crazy.And I really did think you were playing a joke on me. I was thinking why would Laura Kaye ruin a perfectly good salad with something so awful hot! Every time I would chew it would burn more. And you're over there telling me Im a whimp!"... Oops! ;) .................................................................................................................... The Feta Cheese It Burns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahaha

No comments: